Northern Virginia Employment Attorneys
To schedule a confidential consultation with our Virginia employment lawyers, click here or call us at 202-262-8959.
Our services include:
- litigating Virginia discrimination and whistleblower retaliation claims;
- representing employees of government contractors and grantees in whistleblower retaliation claims under the False Claims Act and Sections 827 and 828 of the NDAA;
- negotiating executive severance, separation, and employment agreements;
- combatting workplace discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender workers;
- representing cybersecurity whistleblowers;
- litigating sexual harassment, glass ceiling discrimination, age discrimination, pregnancy discrimination, and Equal Pay Act discrimination claims;
- assisting whistleblowers in investigating and disclosing fraud to the IRS whistleblower program, SEC whistleblower program, and CFTC whistleblower program; and
- litigating non-compete disputes.
Click here to see our videos answering frequently asked questions about discrimination and retaliation. To learn about whistleblower rights and protections, click here.
Northern Virginia Employment Lawyers
We routinely represent executives and senior professionals in high-stakes employment matters, including executives, senior managers, and partners at professional services firms. Click here to read testimonials from executives and senior professionals that we have represented in discrimination, whistleblower retaliation, and other employment-related matters.
- In 2019, 2020, and 2021, Northern Virginia Magazine recognized Zuckerman Law Principal Jason Zuckerman as a Top Lawyer in the category of employment law. Call us at 202-262-8959.
- The 2022 Edition of U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms named Zuckerman Law a Tier 1 Firm in Litigation – Labor & Employment in Washington, DC.
Virginia Anti-Discrimination LawWhat-New-Virginia-Anti-Bias-Law-Means-For-LGBTQ-Workers.pdf
Virginia Whistleblower Protection Law2020 Legislative Session Heralds a Sea Change in Virginia Employment Law
Northern Virginia Sexual Harassment Attorneys
We represent victims of sexual harassment and are committed to holding perpetrators accountable and combatting sexual harassment in the workplace. To learn more about your rights, download our free ebook Sexual Harassment Survival Guide for Employees.
If you have suffered sexual harassment, call us for a free preliminary consultation at 202-262-8959 or email us by clicking here.
- Can an employer be held liable for customer sexual harassment?
- What damages or remedies are available for victims of sexual harassment?
- What is a hostile work environment?
- Can a single incident of harassment suffice to establish liability?
- How do I prove my workplace is a hostile work environment?
- What is quid pro quo harassment?
- What is workplace sexual harassment?
- In a sexual harassment case, does it matter if it is a supervisor versus a co-worker who is harassing me?
- Who is a “supervisor” in sexual harassment cases?
- How can employees combat harassment at work?
- What is the deadline for filing a sex harassment or retaliation claim?
- What type of retaliation is prohibited against an employee who reports unlawful discrimination or harassment?
- Is an employer prohibited from retaliating against an employee because the employee reported harassment?
- What is an employer’s affirmative defense in a sex harassment case?
Northern Virginia Gender Discrimination Lawyers
We have experience representing Virginia employees in gender discrimination and glass ceiling discrimination claims. A glass ceiling generally refers to an unfair, artificial barrier that prevents certain employees (women; people of color; lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, or transgender) from fairly competing for upper management jobs in companies. In practice, it keeps qualified employees from reaching their full potential and, depending on applicable law, illegally blocks them from occupying the best-paid and most powerful positions. If you have suffered glass ceiling discrimination, contact us to find out if you may have an actionable claim.
If you are encountering glass ceiling discrimination, call us today for a confidential consultation at 202-262-8959 or write us by clicking here.
Virginia Government Contractor Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers
The experienced whistleblower attorneys at Zuckerman Law have substantial experience representing whistleblowers disclosing fraud and other wrongdoing at government contractors and grantees. Our experience includes:
- Representing whistleblowers in NDAA retaliation claims before the Department of Defense, and Department of Homeland Security, Department of Justice Offices of Inspectors General.
- Litigating False Claims Act retaliation claims.
- Representing whistleblowers in False Claims Act qui tam actions.
See our Practical Law Practice Note: Whistleblower Protections Under the National Defense Authorization Act.False Claims Act Whistleblower Protection Law
Virginia Corporate Whistleblower Protection Lawyers
The whistleblower provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act provide strong protection against retaliation for corporate whistleblowers. To learn more about the rights of corporate whistleblowers in Virginia, call us at 202-262-8959.
Some SOX whistleblowers have achieved substantial recoveries. In 2017, a former in-house counsel at a biotechnology company recovered $11 million in a SOX whistleblower retaliation case alleging that the company fired him for disclosing violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
We have published a free guide to the SOX whistleblower protection law: “Sarbanes-Oxley Whistleblower Protection: Robust Protection for Corporate Whistleblowers.” The guide summarizes SOX whistleblower protections and offers concrete tips for corporate whistleblowers based on lessons learned during years of litigating SOX whistleblower cases.
The goal of the guide is to arm corporate whistleblowers with the knowledge to effectively combat whistleblower retaliation, avoid the pitfalls that can weaken a SOX whistleblower case, and formulate an effective strategy to obtain the maximum recovery.
Virginia SEC Whistleblower Attorneys
The SEC whistleblower attorneys at Zuckerman Law, one of the nation’s leading law firms representing whistleblowers in whistleblower rewards and whistleblower retaliation claims, routinely work with whistleblowers nationwide and aboard to investigate and report a wide variety of fraudulent schemes. Under the SEC’s whistleblower program, individuals are eligible to receive an award if they:
(2) the information leads to a successful enforcement action with total civil penalties in excess of $1 million.
To learn more about the SEC whistleblower program, download our free guide:
Virginia Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Retaliation Laws
- Virginia Whistleblower Protection Law
- What Damages or Remedies Can a Virginia Employee Recover in a Discrimination Lawsuit?
- Does Virginia law bar discrimination in the workplace?
- What law prohibits retaliation against an employee for reporting discrimination?
- Are employers in Virginia prohibited from discriminating based on pregnancy?
- Can I be fired for being LGBTQ in Virginia?
- How to file a discrimination complaint in Virginia
- What laws protect whistleblowers in Virginia?
- Virginia Lawyers Representing Whistleblowers in Whistleblower Rewards and Whistleblower Retaliation Claims
- Are Whistleblowers in Virginia Eligible for Whistleblower Rewards or Bounties?
- Virginia Wage Payment Act Now Provides Meaningful Remedies to Wage Theft Victims
- How can an employee recover unpaid commissions in Virginia?
- Virginia Employment Lawyers Publish Article About Virginia Anti-Discrimination and Whistleblower Protection Laws
ABOUT ZUCKERMAN LAW
We are a Washington, DC-based law firm that represents whistleblowers in whistleblower rewards and whistleblower retaliation matters and litigates discrimination claims on behalf of employees in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. The firm is dedicated to zealously advocating on behalf of our clients to achieve justice and accountability.