Employment Attorney Virginia
The employment attorneys at Zuckerman law serve workers in Virginia, including in Tysons Corner, Reston, Arlington, Rosslyn, and Alexandria. We endeavor to find common sense, practical solutions to achieve our clients’ objectives, but also relish the opportunity to take cases to trial to maximize a client’s recovery. To schedule a consultation, click here or call us at (571) 288-1309.
Our services include:
- litigating sexual harassment, glass ceiling discrimination, age discrimination, and Equal Pay Act discrimination claims;
- representing employees of government contractors and grantees in whistleblower retaliation claims under the False Claims Act and Sections 827 and 828 of the NDAA;
- negotiating executive severance, separation, and employment agreements;
- combatting workplace discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender workers;
- representing cybersecurity whistleblowers;
- assisting whistleblowers in investigating and disclosing fraud to the IRS whistleblower program, SEC whistleblower program, and CFTC whistleblower program; and
- litigating non-compete disputes.
We serve Virginia workers primarily in Northern Virginia, including in Tysons Corner, Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, McLean, Reston, Herndon, Shirlington, Crystal City, Mount Vernon, Rosslyn, Clarendon, Ballston, Stafford, Quantico, and Vienna.
In 2017, Washingtonian magazine named two of our attorneys top whistleblower lawyers. Recently Wired magazine quoted Jason Zuckerman about a high-profile trade secrets lawsuit. See our column in Forbes: One Billion Reasons Why The SEC Whistleblower-Reward Program Is Effective.
Click here to see our videos answering frequently asked questions about discrimination and retaliation.
Tysons Corner Employment Attorneys
We routinely represent executives and senior professionals in high-stakes employment matters, including executives, senior managers and partners at professional services firms. Click here to read testimonials from senior professionals that we have represented in discrimination, whistleblower retaliation, and other employment-related matters.
Call us at (571) 288-1309.
Virginia Sexual Harassment Attorneys
We represent victims of sexual harassment and are committed to holding perpetrators accountable and combatting sexual harassment in the workplace. To learn more about your rights, download our free ebook Sexual Harassment Survival Guide for Employees.
If you have suffered sexual harassment, call us for a free preliminary consultation at 571-288-1309 or email us by clicking here.
- Can an employer be held liable for customer sexual harassment?
- What damages or remedies are available for victims of sexual harassment?
- What is a hostile work environment?
- Can a single incident of harassment suffice to establish liability?
- How do I prove my workplace is a hostile work environment?
- What is quid pro quo harassment?
- What is workplace sexual harassment?
- In a sexual harassment case, does it matter if it is a supervisor versus a co-worker who is harassing me?
- Who is a “supervisor” in sexual harassment cases?
- How can employees combat harassment at work?
- What is the deadline for filing a sex harassment or retaliation claim?
- What type of retaliation is prohibited against an employee who reports unlawful discrimination or harassment?
- Is an employer prohibited from retaliating against an employee because the employee reported harassment?
- What is an employer’s affirmative defense in a sex harassment case?
Virginia Gender Discrimination Lawyers
We have experience representing Virginia employees in gender discrimination and glass ceiling discrimination claims. A glass ceiling generally refers to an unfair, artificial barrier that prevents certain employees (women; people of color; lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, or transgender) from fairly competing for upper management jobs in companies. In practice, it keeps qualified employees from reaching their full potential and, depending on applicable law, illegally blocks them from occupying the best-paid and most powerful positions. If you have suffered glass ceiling discrimination, contact us to find out if you may have an actionable claim.
If you are encountering glass ceiling discrimination, call us today for a confidential consultation at (202) 262-8959 or write us by clicking here. To learn more about glass ceiling discrimination, download our guide Shattering the Glass Ceiling: Tips for Combatting Promotion Discrimination:
Virginia Government Contractor Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers
The experienced whistleblower attorneys at Zuckerman Law have substantial experience representing whistleblowers disclosing fraud and other wrongdoing at government contractors and grantees. Our experience includes:
- Representing whistleblowers in NDAA retaliation claims before the Department of Defense, and Department of Homeland Security, Department of Justice Offices of Inspectors General.
- Litigating False Claims Act retaliation claims.
- Representing whistleblowers in False Claims Act qui tam actions.
See our Practical Law Practice Note: “Whistleblower Protections Under the National Defense Authorization Act.”
Virginia Corporate Whistleblower Protection Lawyers
The whistleblower provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act provide strong protection against retaliation for corporate whistleblowers. To learn more about the rights of corporate whistleblowers in Virginia, call us at 571-288-1309.
Some SOX whistleblowers have achieved substantial recoveries. In 2017, a former in-house counsel at a biotechnology company recovered $11 million in a SOX whistleblower retaliation case alleging that the company fired him for disclosing violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
We have published a free guide to the SOX whistleblower protection law: “Sarbanes-Oxley Whistleblower Protection: Robust Protection for Corporate Whistleblowers.” The guide summarizes SOX whistleblower protections and offers concrete tips for corporate whistleblowers based on lessons learned during years of litigating SOX whistleblower cases.
The goal of the guide is to arm corporate whistleblowers with the knowledge to effectively combat whistleblower retaliation, avoid the pitfalls that can weaken a SOX whistleblower case, and formulate an effective strategy to obtain the maximum recovery.
Virginia SEC Whistleblower Attorneys
The SEC whistleblower attorneys at Zuckerman Law, one of the nation’s leading law firms representing whistleblowers in whistleblower rewards and whistleblower retaliation claims, routinely work with whistleblowers nationwide and aboard to investigate and report a wide variety of fraudulent schemes. Under the SEC’s whistleblower program, individuals are eligible to receive an award if they:
(2) the information leads to a successful enforcement action with total civil penalties in excess of $1 million.
To learn more about the SEC whistleblower program, download our free guide:
Arlington Alexandria Reston Tysons Corner Fairfax McLean Virginia Employment Lawyers Representing Employees
If you have suffered discrimination, harassment, or retaliation in Virginia, call us today to schedule a consultation. Dallas Hammer can be reached at (571) 288-1309. Let us know how we can help you with a workplace dispute.