Download our free guide to Sarbanes-Oxley Whistleblower Protection
SOX Whistleblower Protection FAQs
- Do federal laws protect whistleblowers against retaliation?
- Will I get a reward for reporting fraud being committed by my employer?
- What is the statute of limitations to file a SOX claim?
- Where are SOX whistleblower cases litigated?
- Do mandatory arbitration agreements encompass SOX whistleblower claims?
- What level of detail is required in a Sarbanes-Oxley complaint?
- Can I sue an individual under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act?
- Are whistleblowers in the financial services or banking industry protected against retaliation?
- Who administers the whistleblower protection provision of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act?
Protected Whistleblowing Under Sarbanes-Oxley
- Who is protected under the whistleblower protection provision of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act?
- What whistleblowing is protected under SOX?
- Must a whistleblower disclose unequivocal unlawful conduct to be protected?
- Does the Sarbanes-Oxley Act protect whistleblowing in the course of performing one’s job duties?
Prohibited Retaliation Against Whistleblowers
- What acts of retaliation are prohibited under SOX?
- Is threatening a countersuit against a whistleblower an act of retaliation?
- Is a lawsuit against a whistleblower actionable retaliation?
Proving a Violation of Sarbanes-Oxley Whistleblower Provision
- How does a whistleblower prove retaliation?
- What is the burden a SOX whistleblower must meet to prove retaliation?
- What is an employer’s burden in a SOX whistleblower case?
- Can I use confidential documents from my job to prove a whistleblower retaliation case?
- Am I permitted to make secret recordings at work to use in a whistleblower case?
- Is knowledge of protected conduct and close temporal proximity sufficient to prove retaliation?
- Does a SOX whistleblower need to prove that the employer’s reason for the adverse action is untrue?
- What causal connection must be established to prove whistleblower retaliation?
Relief or Damages for SOX Whistleblowers
- What remedies are available to employees under the Sarbanes Oxley whistleblower law?
- What do employers typically demand in the settlement of an employment case?
Corporate Whistleblower Protection Law Firm
Leading whistleblower firm Zuckerman Law represents senior professionals in high-stakes employment matters, including corporate officers, executives, managers, and partners at professional services firms. The firm’s seasoned employment attorneys have obtained substantial recoveries for clients under the Sarbanes Oxley whistleblower protection law and under other whistleblower laws.
- U.S. News and Best Lawyers® have named Zuckerman Law a Tier 1 firm in Litigation – Labor and Employment in the Washington DC metropolitan area.
- Eric Bachman, Chair of the Firm’s Discrimination Practice, has substantial experience litigating precedent-setting individual and class action discrimination cases. His wins include a $100 million settlement in a disparate impact Title VII class action and a $16 million class action settlement against a major grocery chain. Having served as Special Litigation Counsel in the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice and as lead or co-counsel in numerous jury trials, Bachman is trial-tested and ready to fight for you to obtain the relief that you deserve.
- Firm Principal Jason Zuckerman was recognized by Washingtonian magazine as a “Top Whistleblower Lawyer” in 2015, 2009, and 2007 selected by his peers to be included in The Best Lawyers in America® in the category of employment law (2011-2017), and selected by his peers to be listed in SuperLawyers (2012 and 2015-2017) in the category of labor and employment law. is rated 10 out of 10 by Avvo, based largely on client reviews, and rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell based on peer reviews.