Working with Zuckerman Law FAQs
Zuckerman Law is privileged to represent whistleblowers worldwide in whistleblower rewards and whistleblower retaliation cases. We pride ourselves on close collaboration with our clients and employing creative solutions to achieve our clients’ objectives. See reviews from our clients.
To schedule a confidential consultation with our leading whistleblower lawyers, contact us today at 202-262-8959.
Our approach to collaborating with our clients:
- The firm’s success is the result of close collaboration with our clients to achieve their objectives.
- The client is always in control of the prosecution of their claim and we provide advice to enable the client to make informed decisions.
- We apply a laser-sharp focus to the client’s objectives and work diligently to achieve those objectives.
- We avoid surprises by providing timely updates about any new developments in a matter and continually advising our clients about the next step in the process and the client’s options.
- While there are significant obstacles in nearly every matter that we handle, we have found that extraordinary perseverance and diligence enables us to achieve our clients’ objectives.
Common questions from our clients include:
- Can I get a reward for blowing the whistle to the SEC?
- What is the process for seeking an SEC whistleblower award?
- How can we help you obtain an SEC whistleblower award?
- How does the Sarbanes-Oxley Act protect whistleblowers?
- What federal laws protect whistleblowers?
- How Can a Whistleblower Get an Award from the SEC Whistleblower Program?
- How do I choose the best whistleblower law firm?
- What is a False Claims Act/qui tam whistleblower award?
- How does Zuckerman Law work with clients?
- How does Zuckerman Law evaluate whistleblower claims?
- What damages can a whistleblower recover under SOX?
- What should I bring to an initial meeting with my lawyer?
- What challenges do whistleblowers face when they retain you?
- How long will my case last?
- What whistleblower damages or remedies can a whistleblower obtain in a retaliation case?
- Am I permitted to make secret recordings at work to use in a whistleblower case?
- Can I use confidential documents from my job to prove a whistleblower retaliation case?
- Can I use confidential documents from my job to prove a whistleblower reward or bounty case?
- How should I explain my termination to a prospective employer?
- How do I choose whether to bring a whistleblower claim under federal or state law?
- How should I prepare for an interview with the SEC or DOL?
- Is my non-competition agreement with my former employer enforceable?
- What do employers typically demand in the settlement of an employment case?
Hire a Winning Team of SEC Whistleblower Lawyers
It is critical to hire counsel with the knowledge and experience to maximize your likelihood of recovering a whistleblower award. Before retaining an SEC whistleblower attorney, ask about their track record representing whistleblowers. Some aspects of our experience that set us apart and enabled us to obtain awards for our clients include:
- Matt Stock is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner and former KPMG external auditor. As an auditor, Mr. Stock developed an expertise in financial statement analysis and internal controls testing and fraud recognition. He uses his auditing experience to help IRS, CFTC and SEC whistleblowers investigate and disclose complex financial frauds to the government and develop a roadmap for enforcement attorneys to take an enforcement action. Matt has been interviewed on CNBC, quoted extensively about whistleblower rewards in the media, and is the lead author of SEC Whistleblower Program: Tips from SEC Whistleblower Attorneys to Maximize an SEC Whistleblower Award. Recently the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners published a profile of Matt Stock’s success fighting fraud:
- Dallas Hammer has extensive experience representing whistleblowers in retaliation and rewards claims and has helped whistleblowers secure award for reporting fraud on the government, foreign bribery, and accounting fraud. He was selected by his peers to be included in The Best Lawyers in America® in the category of employment law in 2021 and 2022.
- Described by the National Law Journal as a “leading whistleblower attorney,” founding Principal Jason Zuckerman has established precedent under a wide range of whistleblower protection laws and obtained substantial compensation for his clients and recoveries for the government in whistleblower rewardsand whistleblower retaliation cases. He served on the Department of Labor’s Whistleblower Protection Advisory Committee, which makes recommendations to the Secretary of Labor to improve OSHA’s administration of federal whistleblower protection laws. Zuckerman also served as Senior Legal Advisor to the Special Counsel at the U.S. Office of Special Counsel, the federal agency charged with protecting whistleblowers in the federal government. At OSC, he oversaw investigations of whistleblower claims and obtained corrective action or relief for whistleblowers.
- Zuckerman was recognized by Washingtonian magazine as a “Top Whistleblower Lawyer” (2020, 2018, 2017, 2015, 2009, and 2007), selected by his peers to be included in The Best Lawyers in America® in the category of employment law (2011-2021) and in SuperLawyers in the category of labor and employment law (2012 and 2015-2021), is rated 10 out of 10 by Avvo, based largely on client reviews, and is rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell based on peer reviews.
Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyers
Our experienced whistleblower retaliation lawyers have substantial experience litigation whistleblower retaliation cases nationwide, including claims under the Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower protection law. To schedule a confidential consultation, call us at 202-262-8959 or send us a message.
Described by the National Law Journal as a “leading whistleblower attorney,” founding Principal Jason Zuckerman has established precedent under a wide range of whistleblower protection laws and obtained substantial compensation for his clients and recoveries for the government in whistleblower rewards and whistleblower retaliation cases. Three of the cases he worked on are featured in Tom Mueller’s seminal book about whistleblowing Crisis of Conscience: Whistleblowing in an Age of Fraud and Dan Maldea’s Corruption in U.S. Higher Education: The Stories of Whistleblowers. The False Claims Act qui tam cases that Zuckerman has worked on in conjunction with other attorneys have resulted in recoveries in excess of $100 million, and he has secured settlements above $1 million in eight SOX whistleblower retaliation matters.
In 2019, the National Law Review awarded Zuckerman its “Go-To Thought Leadership Award” for his analysis of developments in whistleblower law, and Washingtonian magazine has named two of our attorneys to its list of Top Whistleblower Attorneys. U.S. News and Best Lawyers® have named Zuckerman Law a Tier 1 firm in Litigation – Labor and Employment in the Washington DC metropolitan area in the 2020 edition “Best Law Firms.”whistleblower_lawyers_012017_infographic