Call today for a free confidential consultation at 202-262-8959
Whistleblower retaliation laws provide a wide range of remedies, including damages for lost pay, emotional distress, and harm to reputation and career prospects. In addition, some whistleblower retaliation laws authorize the award of punitive damages.
Jurors often quickly grasp the serious consequences of the retaliation that whistleblowers endure, and recognize the important public interest in ensuring that whistleblowers can disclose wrongdoing. The courageous whistleblowers that we represent put a lot on the line to disclose financial fraud, threats to public health or safety, and other wrongdoing. They deserve compensation when they are retaliated against for doing the right thing.
The table below identifies some of the larger verdicts or public settlements in whistleblower cases in recent years. These cases were handled by a variety of law firms.
The whistleblower lawyers at Zuckerman Law bring substantial experience and sound judgment to complex whistleblower cases. We are ready to go the distance to maximize a client’s recovery. Eric Bachman’s wins include a $100 million settlement in a disparate impact Title VII class action and a $16 million class action settlement against a major grocery chain. He has served as lead or co-counsel in numerous jury trials, and is ready to fight for you to obtain the relief that you deserve. Before retaining a lawyer, find out their track record and how they work with clients.
Click here to read reviews from our former clients.
SOX Whistleblower Lawyer’s Guide for Corporate Whistleblowers
Download our free ebook Sarbanes-Oxley Whistleblower Protection: Robust Protection for Corporate Whistleblowers.
The goal of the guide is to arm corporate whistleblowers with the knowledge to effectively combat whistleblower retaliation, avoid the pitfalls that can weaken a SOX whistleblower case, and formulate an effective strategy to obtain the maximum recovery.
Top-Rated Whistleblower Retaliation and Whistleblower Protection Attorneys
We have assembled a team of leading whistleblower lawyers to provide top-notch representation to whistleblowers. Recently Washingtonian magazine named Jason Zuckerman and Eric Bachman top whistleblower lawyers. Both Bachman and Zuckerman served in senior positions at the Office of Special Counsel, where they oversaw investigations of whistleblower retaliation claims and whistleblower disclosures, and enforced the Whistleblower Protection Act. Let us put our unique experience and credentials to work for you:
- U.S. News and Best Lawyers® have named Zuckerman Law a Tier 1 firm in Litigation – Labor and Employment in the Washington DC metropolitan area
- Bachman and Zuckerman served on the Department of Labor’s Whistleblower Protection Advisory Committee, which makes recommendations to the Secretary of Labor to improve OSHA’s administration of federal whistleblower protections.
- Matt Stock is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner and former KPMG external auditor. As an auditor, Mr. Stock developed an expertise in financial statement analysis, internal controls testing and fraud recognition, and he uses his auditing experience to help whistleblowers investigate and disclose complex financial frauds to the government and obtain damages for retaliation. He is lead author of SEC Whistleblower Program: Tips from SEC Whistleblower Attorneys to Maximize an SEC Whistleblower Award.
- Eric Bachman has substantial experience litigating precedent-setting employment cases. His wins include a $100 million settlement in a disparate impact Title VII class action and a $16 million class action settlement against a major grocery chain. Having served as Special Litigation Counsel in the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice and as lead or co-counsel in numerous jury trials, Bachman is ready to go the distance to obtain the relief that you deserve.
- Jason Zuckerman was recognized by Washingtonian magazine as a “Top Whistleblower Lawyer” in 2017, 2015, 2009, and 2007 selected by his peers to be included in The Best Lawyers in America® in the category of employment law (2011-2017), and selected by his peers to be listed in SuperLawyers (2012 and 2015-2017) in the category of labor and employment law. is rated 10 out of 10 by Avvo, based largely on client reviews, and rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell based on peer reviews.
- The firm has published extensively on whistleblower rights and protections, and regularly speaks nationwide at seminars and continuing legal education conferences. We blog about new developments in whistleblower law at the Whistleblower Protection Blog.
A jury awarded six millions dollars to Catherine Zulfer, a former accounting executive who…
Truck Driver Terminated for Refusing to Drive in Unsafe Conditions In Fink v. R&L Transfer,…
SEC and SOX Whistleblower Attorney Named a Top Washington DC Whistleblower Lawyer Jason Zuckerman, founding partner…