Whistleblower retaliation laws provide a wide range of remedies, including damages for lost pay, emotional distress, and harm to reputation and career prospects. In addition, some whistleblower retaliation laws authorize the award of punitive damages.
The table below identifies some of the larger verdicts or public settlements in whistleblower retaliation cases in recent years. These cases were handled by a variety of law firms.
Call our experienced whistleblower retaliation lawyers today for a confidential consultation at 202-262-8959.
Jurors often quickly grasp the serious consequences of the retaliation that whistleblowers endure, and recognize the important public interest in ensuring that whistleblowers can disclose wrongdoing. The courageous whistleblowers that we represent put a lot on the line to disclose financial fraud, threats to public health or safety, and other wrongdoing. They deserve compensation when they are retaliated against for doing the right thing.
The whistleblower protection lawyers at Zuckerman Law bring substantial experience and sound judgment to complex whistleblower cases. We are ready to go the distance to maximize a client’s recovery and fight for you to obtain the relief that you deserve.
Before retaining a whistleblower retaliation lawyer, find out their track record and how they work with clients. Click here to read reviews from our former clients. We represent whistleblowers nationwide.
Damages in Whistleblower Retaliation Cases
This table lists examples of jury verdicts in whistleblower retaliation cases.
SOX Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyer’s Guide for Corporate Whistleblowers
Download our free ebook Sarbanes-Oxley Whistleblower Protection: Robust Protection for Corporate Whistleblowers.
The goal of the guide is to arm corporate whistleblowers with the knowledge to effectively combat whistleblower retaliation, avoid the pitfalls that can weaken a SOX whistleblower case, and formulate an effective strategy to obtain the maximum recovery.
Top-Rated Whistleblower Retaliation and Whistleblower Protection Attorneys
Our team of leading whistleblower lawyers provide top-notch representation to whistleblowers. Let us put our unique experience and credentials to work for you:
- U.S. News and Best Lawyers® have named Zuckerman Law a Tier 1 firm in Litigation – Labor and Employment in the Washington DC metropolitan area
- Dallas Hammer has extensive experience representing whistleblowers in retaliation and rewards claims and has written extensively about cybersecurity whistleblowing. He was selected by his peers to be included in The Best Lawyers in America® in the category of employment law in 2021 and 2022.
- Described by the National Law Journal as a “leading whistleblower attorney,” founding Principal Jason Zuckerman has established precedent under a wide range of whistleblower protection laws and obtained substantial compensation for his clients and recoveries for the government in whistleblower rewards and whistleblower retaliation cases. He served on the Department of Labor’s Whistleblower Protection Advisory Committee, which makes recommendations to the Secretary of Labor to improve OSHA’s administration of federal whistleblower protection laws. Zuckerman also served as Senior Legal Advisor to the Special Counsel at the U.S. Office of Special Counsel, the federal agency charged with protecting whistleblowers in the federal government. At OSC, he oversaw investigations of whistleblower claims and obtained corrective action or relief for whistleblowers.
- Zuckerman was recognized by Washingtonian magazine as a “Top Whistleblower Lawyer” (2020, 2018, 2017, 2015, 2009, and 2007), selected by his peers to be included in The Best Lawyers in America® in the category of employment law (2011-2021) and in SuperLawyers in the category of labor and employment law (2012 and 2015-2021), is rated 10 out of 10 by Avvo, based largely on client reviews, and is rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell based on peer reviews
- We have published extensively on whistleblower rights and protections, and speak nationwide at seminars and continuing legal education conferences. We blog about new developments under whistleblower retaliation and rewards laws at the Whistleblower Protection Law and SEC Awards Blog, and in 2019, the National Law Review awarded Zuckerman its “Go-To Thought Leadership Award” for his analysis of developments in whistleblower law.
- Our attorneys have been quoted by and published articles in leading business, accounting, and legal periodicals, including The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, CNBC, MarketWatch, Vox, Accounting Today, Going Concern, Law360 – Expert Analysis, Investopedia, The National Law Review, inSecurities, Government Accountability Project, S&P Global Market Intelligence, Risk & Compliance Magazine, The D&O Diary, The Compliance and Ethics Blog, Compliance Week and other printed and electronic media.
SEC Whistleblower Protection Lawyers
False Claims Act Whistleblower Protection Lawyers
Tax Fraud Whistleblower Protection Lawyers
ABOUT ZUCKERMAN LAW
We are a Washington, DC-based law firm that represents whistleblowers in whistleblower rewards and whistleblower retaliation matters and litigates discrimination claims on behalf of employees in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. The firm is dedicated to zealously advocating on behalf of our clients to achieve justice and accountability.