Law Firm Representing Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC Employees in Non-Compete Litigation
Is my non-competition agreement with my former employer enforceable?
When determining whether a non-compete agreement is enforceable, a court will assess the following issues:
1. Is the restriction no greater than is required to protect the employer’s legitimate interest?
2. Is the geographic scope of the non-compete overly broad?
3. Would it preclude the employee from working in his or her profession?
4. Would it violate a clear mandate of public policy?
For advice on the enforceability of a non-competition agreement in Washington DC, Maryland, or Virginia or for representation in litigation about a non-competition agreement, call the employment lawyers at Zuckerman Law at 202-262-8959.
Strategies for Defending Against Non-Compete Litigation
For a summary of strategies for defending against non-compete litigation, click here. Such strategies include:
- File a Declaratory Judgment Against the Employer
- Assert the “Unclean Hands” Defense
- Bring a Counterclaim of Tortious Interference with a Business or Contractual Relationship