No worker should ever suffer sexual harassment and anyone who commits sexual harassment should be held accountable. But these claims can be difficult to prove and therefore it is critical to take concrete steps to best position yourself to effectively combat harassment. Zuckerman Law represents victims of sexual harassment in Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia and we can discuss your matter with you without any fee for a preliminary consultation. Call us at 202-262-8959 or email us through this website.
Every case in unique and you should seek advice from an experienced attorneys, but in many cases we suggest taking the following steps:
- If there are witnesses to the harassment, work with an attorney to get signed statements corroborating that the harassment took place.
- If there are text messages or emails evidencing harassment, work with an attorney to properly preserve this proof so that it will be admissible at trial.
- Consult the company’s anti-harassment policy and report the harassment.
- Document any retaliation that you experience for reporting the harassment.
- Be cautious in gathering evidence, In some states, surreptitious recording are unlawful.
- Document the harm you suffer as a result of the harassment, including the impact on your personal and professional relationships.
Zuckerman Law is dedicated to zealously representing victims of harassment and obtaining justice for victims of harassment.