Top-Rated Employment Lawyers Representing Employees in Washington DC
We are a top-rated firm focused on representing employees in a variety of workplace-related disputes, including:
are committed to zealously representing victims of discrimination and retaliation under federal and state anti-discrimination and anti-retaliation laws, including in claims of:
- Glass ceiling discrimination;
- Sexual harassment;
- Race discrimination;
- Gender discrimination, including Equal Pay Act claims;
- LGBT discrimination;
- Religious discrimination;
- Disability discrimination;
- Pregnancy discrimination; and
- Age discrimination
No one should be denied an employment opportunity due to unlawful discrimination. To schedule a preliminary consultation, call leading civil rights lawyer Eric Bachman at 202-769-1681, or click here. In 2017, Washingtonian magazine named two of our attorneys top whistleblower lawyers.
Click here to see our videos answering frequently asked questions about discrimination and retaliation.
Washington DC Anti-Discrimination Law
The DC Human Rights Act is one of the strongest anti-discrimination laws nationwide. It prohibits discrimination based on
- national origin,
- marital status,
- personal appearance,
- gender identity or expression,
- family responsibilities,
- genetic information,
- matriculation, or
- political affiliation.
Resources from DC OHR About Washington DC Anti-Discrimination Laws
- District of Columbia Human Rights Act of 1977
- District of Columbia Family and Medical Leave Act
- District of Columbia Parental Leave Act
- District of Columbia Language Access Act of 2004
- Protected Traits in DC
- DC Family and Medical Leave Act (DC FMLA) Fact Sheet
- Protecting Pregnant Workers Fact Sheet
- Parental Leave Act
- The Right to Breastfeed
- Unemployed Anti-Discrimination Act
- Gender Identity and Expression in Places of Public Accommodation
- Criminal Background Screenings and Housing – Preview of Law for Housing Providers
Experienced, Trial-Tested Washington DC Employment Lawyers
Hiring a proven and effective advocate is critical to obtaining the maximum recovery in a discrimination case. Eric Bachman, Chair of the Firm’s Discrimination Practice, has substantial experience litigating precedent-setting individual and class action discrimination cases. His wins include a $100 million settlement in a disparate impact Title VII class action and a $16 million class action settlement against a major grocery chain. And his experience as a public defender enables him to feel at home in any courtroom and communicate effectively with the jury.
Having served as Special Litigation Counsel in the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice and as lead or co-counsel in numerous jury trials, Bachman is trial-tested and ready to fight for you to obtain the relief that you deserve. As editor of the Glass Ceiling Discrimination blog, Bachman writes frequently on topics related to promotion discrimination, harassment, and other employment discrimination issues.
U.S. News and Best Lawyers® have named Zuckerman Law a Tier 1 firm in Litigation – Labor and Employment in the Washington DC metropolitan area. Contact us today to find out how we can help you.