Oh My Fraud, an irreverent podcast from CPA/comedian Greg Kyte and blogger/former CPA Caleb Newquist, interviewed SEC whistleblower lawyers Matt Stock, CPA and Jason Zuckerman about the SEC whistleblower program and tips for SEC whistleblowers to qualify for an award. Stock and Zuckerman discussed the success of whistleblower rewards in combatting fraud and protecting investors and the strategies that they have employed to enable their clients to successfully navigate the SEC whistleblower process.
One Person Can Have a Huge Impact
— Oh My Fraud (@ohmyfraud) October 24, 2022
CONNECT WITH THE HOSTS OF OH MY FRAUD
SEC Whistleblower Attorneys’ Tips to Qualify for an SEC Whistleblower Award
The following FAQ provides an overview of the SEC whistleblower program:
- What is the SEC Whistleblower Program?
- What are the largest SEC whistleblower awards?
- Can I submit an anonymous tip to the SEC Whistleblower Office?
- Does blowing the whistle anonymously impact my SEC whistleblower claim?
- How do the best SEC whistleblower law firms advocate for whistleblowers?
- What violations qualify for an SEC whistleblower award?
- What is the SEC Office of the Whistleblower?
- Can the SEC bring enforcement actions against international schemes?
- Can I use confidential company documents to expose fraud?
- How do I submit a tip to the SEC Whistleblower Office?
- Why should I choose the Zuckerman Law to represent me in my SEC whistleblower claim?
- When is the best time to report the fraud or misconduct to the SEC?
- Who is an “eligible” SEC whistleblower?
- Can compliance personnel, auditors, officers or directors qualify for an SEC whistleblower award?
- Are culpable whistleblowers eligible to receive SEC whistleblower awards?
- Can I submit an SEC Whistleblower claim if the SEC already has an open investigation into the matter?
- What is “original information”?
- How might my information “lead to” a successful SEC enforcement action?
- What related actions qualify for an SEC whistleblower award?
- Can I submit a claim if I had involvement in the fraud or misconduct?
- Do I have to report a securities law violation to my company before reporting the violation to the SEC?
- Can I submit a tip if I agreed to a confidentiality provision in an employment/severance agreement?
- What factors does the SEC consider when determining the amount of the award?
- What employment protections are available for SEC whistleblowers?
- What type of evidence should I provide to the SEC?
- Can I disclose secret recordings to the SEC?
- What happens after I submit a tip to the SEC?
- How long does it take to receive an SEC whistleblower award?
- What happens after I apply for an SEC whistleblower award?