U.S. News and Best Lawyers® have named Zuckerman Law a Tier 1 firm in Litigation – Labor and Employment in the Washington DC metropolitan area in the 2017 edition “Best Law Firms.”
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. Over 83,000 leading attorneys globally are eligible to vote, and we have received more than 13 million votes to date on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world. For the 2017 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, 7.3 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in almost 55,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
Leading whistleblower firm Zuckerman Law represents employees in a wide range of matters, including:
- assisting whistleblowers in investigating and disclosing fraud to the IRS whistleblower program, SEC whistleblower program, and CFTC whistleblower program;
- representing corporate whistleblowers in retaliation claims under the whistleblower protection provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Consumer Financial Protection Act;
- representing employees of government contractors and grantees in whistleblower retaliation claims under the False Claims Act and Sections 827 and 828 of the NDAA;
- representing federal employees in responding to proposed disciplinary actions and in Whistleblower Protection Act claims;
- negotiating executive severance, separation, and employment agreements;
- representing employees in glass ceiling discrimination and sexual harassment claims;
- combatting workplace discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender workers;
- representing cybersecurity whistleblowers;
- litigating non-compete disputes in Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia.
To schedule a confidential consultation with Zuckerman Law, contact us by phone at 202.262.8959 or click here to send us an email.
Guide for SEC Whistleblowers: Maximizing an SEC Whistleblower Bounty
We have substantial experience investigating securities fraud schemes and preparing effective submissions to the SEC concerning a wide range of federal securities violations, including:
- Accounting fraud;
- Investment and securities fraud;
- EB-5 investment fraud;
- Manipulation of a security’s price or volume;
- Fraudulent securities offerings and Ponzi schemes;
- Unregistered securities offerings;
- Investment adviser fraud;
- False or misleading statements about a company or investment;
- Inadequate internal controls; and
- Violations of auditor independence rules.
To learn more about the SEC Whistleblower Program, download Zuckerman Law’s eBook: SEC Whistleblower Program: Tips from SEC Whistleblower Attorneys to Maximize an SEC Whistleblower Award:
- See our column in Forbes: One Billion Reasons Why The SEC Whistleblower-Reward Program Is Effective.
- See our column in Going Concern: Sarbanes-Oxley 15 Years Later: Accountants Need to Speak Up Now More Than Ever.
- See our post in Accounting Today: Whistleblower Protections and Incentives for Auditors and Accountants.
SOX Whistleblower Protection Law: Robust Protection for Corporate Whistleblowers
Based on more than a decade of litigating SOX whistleblower cases, the SOX whistleblower lawyers at Zuckerman Law issued a free Guide to Sarbanes Oxley Whistleblower Protection.The guide provides an overview of the key elements of a SOX whistleblower retaliation claim, and the procedures governing the investigation and adjudication of SOX claims.
Hiring an experienced SOX whistleblower attorney increases the likelihood of obtaining a substantial recovery. Recently some SOX whistleblowers have obtained large verdicts in SOX whistleblower cases, including the following:
- Jury Awards Former Bio-Rad Counsel $11M in Sarbanes-Oxley Whistleblower Case
- Jury Awards Six Million Dollars to Whistleblower in Sarbanes-Oxley Case
- Sarbanes-Oxley Whistleblower Recovers Nearly $5 Million
- JP Morgan SOX Whistleblower Wins $1.13M at Trial