Whistleblower Lawyer Jason Zuckerman will be speaking at a CLE on March 24, 2015 titled “Mastering Whistleblower, Qui Tam, & SLAPP Law.”
Fluency in Qui Tam, Whistleblower, & SLAPP law has become increasingly important in recent years due to changes in the law and business cycle. Over the past two decades, nearly $30 billion has been recovered through Qui Tam cases under the False Claims Act. At the same time, recent amendments to whistleblower laws and the enactment of the Dodd-Frank Act and related legislation have made bringing whistleblower claims more accessible for clients and counsel alike. Similarly, SLAPP actions (Strategic Law Suits Against Public Participation) and anti-SLAPP have become a staple in complex litigation. The Rossdale faculty for this seminar features three national authorities in these evolving practices, who will describe the latest developments and cutting edge issues in whistleblower protection, litigating & handing Qui Tam claims, as well as SLAPP law. Registration includes online access to course and reference materials that serve as a helpful guide to the numerous topics and techniques discussed in the program.
Key Agenda Points
- Recent Developments in Laws Protecting Whistleblowers
- Where Do We Stand after Dodd-Frank & Sarbanes-Oxley?
- Tools for Reward & Compliance Program Developments
- Handling Enforcement Actions
- Successfully Litigating False Claim Act Claims
- Winning Techniques for Qui Tam Enforcement
- Unearthing the Fastest Growing Area of Federal Litigation
- Navigating FCA Investigations & Demands
- Background Essentials of SLAPP
- Winning the Inevitable Appeal
- Anti-SLAPP Fees & Motions
- Interactive Question & Answer Session
SEC Whistleblower Lawyers
The experienced whistleblower lawyers at Zuckerman Law represent whistleblowers worldwide before the SEC under the Dodd-Frank SEC Whistleblower Program. The firm has a licensed Certified Public Accountant and Certified Fraud Examiner on staff to enhance its ability to investigate and disclose complex financial fraud to the SEC, and two of the firm’s attorneys served in high-level position at a government agency that protects whistleblowers. Firm Principal Jason Zuckerman has been named by Washingtonian Magazine as a “Top Whistleblower Lawyer” and the firm has been ranked by U.S. News as a Tier 1 Firm in Labor & Employment Litigation.
Whistleblower law firm Zuckerman Law has substantial experience investigating securities fraud schemes and preparing effective submissions to the SEC concerning a wide range of federal securities violations, including:
- Accounting fraud;
- Investment and securities fraud;
- EB-5 investment fraud;
- Manipulation of a security’s price or volume;
- Fraudulent securities offerings and Ponzi schemes;
- Unregistered securities offerings;
- Investment adviser fraud;
- False or misleading statements about a company or investment;
- Inadequate internal controls; and
- Violations of auditor independence rules.
For more information about the SEC Whistleblower Program, see the following resources:
Zuckerman Law SEC Whistleblower Reward Program FAQ
To schedule a free preliminary consultation, click here or call us at 202-262-8959.whistleblower_lawyers_012017_infographic