SEC whistleblower attorney Jason Zuckerman will speak at a BNA Bloomberg webinar on September 24, 2018 titled New Developments in the SEC and CFTC Whistleblower Programs: Record Year for Awards and Narrowed Whistleblower Protection. To register, click here. The panelists at this webinar are:
- Jane Norberg, Chief, Office of the Whistleblower U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Christopher Ehrman, Director, Whistleblower Office, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Sean McKessy, Partner, Phillips & Cohen LLP
- Steven Pearlman, Partner, Proskauer Rose
- Jason Zuckerman, Zuckerman Law
This year the SEC and CFTC have issued record whistleblower awards and are experiencing an increase in whistleblower disclosures. And in 2018, the Supreme Court issued an opinion construing the Dodd-Frank Act’s anti-retaliation provision that will likely have a significant impact on corporate compliance programs. In addition, the SEC recently issued proposed amendments to the rules governing its whistleblower program. Join this webinar to hear from the Directors of the SEC and CFTC whistleblower offices and leading practitioners about new developments in whistleblower incentives and protections.
- New developments at the SEC and CFTC Whistleblower Offices
- Impact of record awards to whistleblowers in 2018
- SEC and CFTC prohibitions against “gag clauses” in employment policies and agreements
- Potential impact of Supreme Court’s Digital Realty decision on corporate compliance programs
- Proposals to amend SEC whistleblower rules
To learn more about the SEC Whistleblower Program, download Zuckerman Law’s eBook: SEC Whistleblower Program: Tips from SEC Whistleblower Attorneys to Maximize an SEC Whistleblower Award.
To find out more about corporate whistleblower protection, download our guide: Sarbanes-Oxley Whistleblower Protection: Robust Protection for Corporate Whistleblowers.
Tips to Qualify for a SEC Whistleblower Award