Whistleblower lawyer Jason Zuckerman will speak at a Practicing Law Institute CLE about Corporate Whistleblowing in 2021 on June 30th. To register, click here. Zuckerman will speak on a panel titled “Government Regulator and Whistleblower Law Update” along with Michael Delikat (Panel Leader), Louise M. Betts, Jonathan E. Carr, and Christopher Ehrman. The panlel will address these topics:
- Brief overview of corporate whistleblowing regimes
- Updates on the SEC and CFTC whistleblower programs including the 2021 amendments.
- Recent bounty awards, retaliation actions, and what changes can we expect to see in whistleblower programs or enforcement during the Biden administration.
- Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd-Frank case law update and important decisions from the past year
This program will offer expert insights into recent whistleblower developments that have shaped the current risk landscape inside and outside of the pandemic era. Leading whistleblower law practitioners, including current and former regulators, will provide in-depth perspectives on recent regulatory and legal developments, including the current and future direction of the federal whistleblower bounty and protection programs, what to expect in regulatory enforcement developments in the coming year, and best practices in responding to whistleblower reports. The program will also review the challenges of prosecuting and defending whistleblower claims and offer practical strategies for managing them.
What You Will Learn
- Review protections and incentives available to corporate whistleblowers
- Hear about current priorities and agendas of the SEC, CFTC and Department of Labor’s whistleblower programs including recent amendments to the SEC program
- Analyze trends and issues the private plaintiffs’ whistleblower bar are seeing
- Learn about the latest administrative law and recent case law
- Explore return to work and other post-pandemic impact on whistleblowing