Washington DC whistleblower attorney Jason Zuckermanwill chair a DC Bar CLE titled Handling Whistleblower Claims 2018, Rights of Private Sector Employees on June 18, 2018. To register for this CLE, click here.
Don’t miss this chance to catch up on recent developments under whistleblower reward and whistleblower protection laws, including developments under the whistleblower provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and False Claims Act. The experienced faculty panel will provide you with practical insights on the following issues:
• Impact of Supreme Court’s decision in Somers v. Digital Realty Trust on corporate whistleblowers and corporate compliance programs;
• Recent SEC whistleblower awards;
• Trend in DOL Administrative Review Board and federal court decisions on the scope of Sarbanes-Oxley protected conduct;
• The impact of the Supreme Court’s decision in Universal Health Services v. United States ex rel. Escobar on implied certification claims;
• The scope of the False Claims Act’s anti-retaliation provision and the interplay of whistleblower reward and whistleblower protection claims;
• Best practices for investigating and responding to whistleblower disclosures; and
• Tips for representing whistleblowers at the DOJ, SEC, CFTC and IRS.
Faculty: Arian June, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP; Laurence J Freedman, Mintz Levin; Alexis Ronickher, Katz, Marshall & Banks, LLP; Eduardo A. Santiago-Acevedo, Vice President and Senior Regulatory Counsel, Prudential Financial, Inc.; Jason Zuckerman (Course Chair), Zuckerman Law