Don’t miss this chance to catch up on recent developments under whistleblower reward and whistleblower protection laws, including developments under the whistleblower provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, False Claims Act, and National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). Our experienced faculty panel will provide you with practical insights on the following issues:
- Lessons learned from recent SEC whistleblower awards;
- DOL Administrative Review Board and federal court decisions on the scope of protected conduct under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act;
- The impact of the Supreme Court’s decision in Universal Health Services v. United States ex rel. Escobar on implied certification claims.
- Recent amendments to the NDAA’s whistleblower protection provisions;
- The scope of the False Claims Act’s anti-retaliation provision and the interplay of whistleblower reward and whistleblower protection claims;
- Best practices for investigating and responding to whistleblower disclosures; and
- Tips for preparing whistleblower submissions to DOJ, IRS, and SEC.
Faculty: Arian June, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP; David Marshall, Katz, Marshall & Banks, LLP; Colette Matzzie, Phillips & Cohen, LLP; Molly Senger, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, LLP; Jason Zuckerman, Zuckerman Law