CLE on Whistleblower Rights of Private Sector Employees
Washington DC Whistleblower attorney Jason Zuckerman is chairing a DC Bar CLE on the whistleblower rights of private sector employees on May 16, 2017 from 5:30 pm to 8:45 pm.
Don’t miss this chance to catch up on recent developments under whistleblower reward and whistleblower protection laws, including developments under the whistleblower provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, False Claims Act, and National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). Our experienced faculty panel will provide you with practical insights on the following issues:
- Lessons learned from recent SEC whistleblower awards;
- DOL Administrative Review Board and federal court decisions on the scope of protected conduct under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act;
- The impact of the Supreme Court’s decision in Universal Health Services v. United States ex rel. Escobar on implied certification claims.
- Recent amendments to the NDAA’s whistleblower protection provisions;
- The scope of the False Claims Act’s anti-retaliation provision and the interplay of whistleblower reward and whistleblower protection claims;
- Best practices for investigating and responding to whistleblower disclosures; and
- Tips for preparing whistleblower submissions to DOJ, IRS, and SEC.
Faculty: Arian June, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP; David Marshall, Katz, Marshall & Banks, LLP; Colette Matzzie, Phillips & Cohen, LLP; Molly Senger, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, LLP; Jason Zuckerman, Zuckerman Law.
Guides to SEC Whistleblower Program and Sarbanes-Oxley Whistleblower Law
The whistleblower lawyers at Zuckerman Law represent whistleblowers nationwide in whistleblower rewards and whistleblower retaliation matters. Based on our experience representing whistleblowers before the SEC and litigating Sarbanes-Oxley retaliation claims, we have prepared two free guides, which can be downloaded here: