Whistleblower lawyer Jason Zuckerman is privileged to speak at the September 2017 annual conference of the Federal Administrative Law Judges Conference, Zuckerman will speak on a panel with Greg Keating about whistleblower litigation. The panel will cover recent developments under federal whistleblower protection laws enforced by the Department of Labor. Topics include::
- Proving retaliation.
- Assessing protected conduct.
- The same-decision affirmative defense.
- Whether whistleblowers can use confidential documents obtained outside of the discovery process.
- Evolving standards for assessing compensatory damages and exemplary damages in DOL whistleblower cases.
- FRSA whistleblower protection developments.
- Whether gatekeeper whistleblowers are protected for engaging in “duty speech” whistleblowing.
- OSHA’s best practices guidance for employers.
Recently Zuckerman Law released a free guide to the SOX whistleblower protection law: “Sarbanes-Oxley Whistleblower Protection: Robust Protection for Corporate Whistleblowers.” The guide summarizes SOX whistleblower protections and offers concrete tips for corporate whistleblowers based on lessons learned during years of litigating SOX whistleblower cases. The goal of the guide is to arm corporate whistleblowers with the knowledge to effectively combat whistleblower retaliation, avoid the pitfalls that can weaken a SOX whistleblower case, and formulate an effective strategy to obtain the maximum recovery.