Anti-money laundering whistleblower lawyers Matt Stock and Jason Zuckerman published a Practice Note in Practical Law titled Whistleblower Protections Under the Anti-Money Laundering Act. This Practice Note discusses the whistleblower protection and reward program under the Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2020 (AMLA) as amended by the Anti-Money Laundering Whistleblower Improvement Act in December 2022. Under the AMLA whistleblower program, a whistleblower can obtain an award for reporting a violation of the Bank Secrecy Act or sanctions violations.Guide to Anti-Money Laundering Act Whistleblower Rewards and Protections
- information needed to qualify for an award;
- factors used in determining the amount of an award;
- how to report anonymously;
- how related action awards can increase a whistleblower’s recovery;
- monetary sanctions that qualify for an AMLA whistleblower award;
- whistleblower anti-retaliation protections under the AMLA;
- the procedures for bringing an anti-retaliation claim under the AMLA;
- the scope of prohibited adverse actions; and
- the anti-retaliation remedies available for whistleblowers.
The anti-money laundering whistleblower lawyers at Zuckerman Law have represented whistleblowers disclosing AML and sanctions violations. Our multi-disciplinary whistleblower rewards practice includes an attorney who is also a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Fraud Examiner with substantial experience investigating complex financial frauds.
We represent whistleblowers worldwide under various whistleblower reward programs, including the following: