Leading whistleblower lawyer Jason Zuckerman will join distinguished faculty, including Sean McKessy, Chief of the SEC Office of the Whistleblower and Christopher Ehrman, Director of the CFTC Whistleblower Office, to speak at ACI’s Advanced Forum on Whistleblower Litigation in Washington DC on July 28, 2015. Register here.
When the whistleblower is a current employee there are several additional factors to consider. Creating policies to handle increased whistleblower reports is fraught with potential landmines and needs to be addressed by both your employment and compliance counsel. There are also new anti-retaliation statues and the SEC has been working to identify employee confidentiality, severance and other agreements that may interfere with an employee’s ability to report a wrongdoing.
There has never been a more critical time to attend this event. Recognized experts will address the most pressing legal and compliance risks confronting industry, including:
- Strengthening your internal investigation function
- How to conduct a risk assessment on a potential claim
- Managing the employment considerations for the whistleblower
- Key procedural distinctions between SOX, FCA and Dodd-Frank whistleblower protection
- Legality of confidentiality agreements
- Litigating non-intervened False Claims Act cases
- The state of Dodd-Frank whistleblower retaliation claims