Law Firm Representing Veterans Affairs Whistleblowers
Whistleblower law firm Zuckerman Law represents Veterans Affairs’ whistleblowers seeking relief for retaliation under the Whistleblower Protection Act. Whistleblower laws prohibit the Veterans Affairs Administration from retaliating against VA whistleblowers that have disclosed:
- a violation of any law, rule, or regulation;
- gross mismanagement;
- a gross waste of funds;
- an abuse of authority; or
- a substantial and specific danger to public health or safety.
VA whistleblowers can obtain a wide range of remedies or damages for whistleblower retaliation, including lost wages, attorney’s fees, equitable relief (e.g., reinstatement, rescinding a suspension, modifying a performance evaluation, etc.) and uncapped emotional distress damages).
Remedies or Damages for Violations of Whistleblower Protection Act
Whistleblower retaliation can derail a career and it is important to have an effective advocate in your corner. Zuckerman Law has obtained relief for whistleblowers in actions before federal administrative agencies and in federal and state courts. Under the Whistleblower Protection Act, a prevailing whistleblower can recover lost wages, attorney’s fees, equitable relief (e.g., reinstatement, rescinding a suspension, modifying a performance evaluation, etc.) and uncapped compensatory damages (emotional distress damages). In addition, a whistleblower can recover fees, costs, or damages reasonably incurred due to a retaliatory investigation.
In 2015, Zuckerman Law secured full relief for a VA whistleblower, including full reimbursement of attorney’s fees and a favorable reassignment.
Experienced Whistleblower Lawyers
The whistleblower lawyers at Zuckerman Law have substantial experience working on Whistleblower Protection Act cases.
- Eric Bachman recently served as Deputy Special Counsel, Litigation and Legal Affairs, at the U.S. Office of Special Counsel, the federal agency charged with protecting whistleblowers in the federal government. During his tenure at OSC, he spearheaded an initiative to combat whistleblower retaliation at the Department of Veterans Affairs, and the number of favorable actions for whistleblowers increased by over 50% agency-wide.
- Jason Zuckerman served as Senior Legal Advisor to the Special Counsel at OSC, where he worked on implementation of the Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act and several high-profile investigations.
- Dallas Hammer has successfully represented VA whistleblowers, drafted a brief resulting in a rare order enjoining the VA terminating a physician while her discrimination claim was pending.
To learn about whistleblower rights and protections for federal employees, click here or call us today at 202-262-8959.